Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deere 455 AWS with 60" deck
I was trying to level the deck, I had to loosen the front bar down alot to attempt to bring the front lower then the back - which I could never do.

Also, I have the deck at 3" cutting height.
When I raise the deck up I am at 4" height.
I would assume I would have more lift in the up position?

Also any have issues with the rear tire hitting the rear gauge wheel?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have a regular 455, not AWS, but I don't have any trouble with the deck wheel hitting the tire. You may have the wrong draft arm on the front if you are having that much trouble adjusting it.

There isn't that much lift - 4" full up sounds about right.

Tim

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is a 37A blower up for sale in local CL. I am trying to get SNO etc details to see whether it works with my JD212 (1983). Is there a specific serial no range for the 37A blower to match with 1983 JD212?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Also, seller is asking $150... is it a decent price? Here are some pictures.

http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/17/302202.png"]

[IMG]http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/17/302203.png"]

[IMG]http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/17/302204.png"]

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
ID,
Remember per rules, no what's it worth questions.

If will definitely fit your 212 and for a single stage it will do a wonderful job. I have one for my 8 HP 110 and it works well. So with your extra 4 HP it should blow the snow quite well.

John

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oops... did not know! Does it apply for a prospective buyer too? Thought it applies to only sellers! Anyway sorry.

Thanks Guys... will go make a deal and update you. Any suggestions on what I should check...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
ID,
Not sure if it applies to prospective buyer, but better safe than sorry.
I sent you an e-mail.
Check to make sure all parts turn smooth, easily. From pictures you posted it looks fairly good. Maybe some rust down by the bottom by edge.
That can be fixed if rusted thru by welding or riveting like I did on mine.
John

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks Guys... brought home in a borrowed friend's van. Appreciate all the support, but, ended up bringing it in 1 piece. Everything looks good, except a bit rusty - not bad for $135 (seller is a guy I bought stuff from in the past and knocked off $15: will tackle rust/re-painting come spring. Drive belt from PTO looks in decent condition. Here are some pics: excited. Asked 2 friends to come Sun AM to help unload.

A question - my tractor does not have a bracket to hold the 'chute rotating lever' in place. Any suggestions/help on how I can do a DIY or is it readily available in market? Last Picture is NOT my blower, but, just to explain what I need... the 'red arrow' is pointing to the bracket I don't have.

Here is what I don't have

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks Roger. A member JRP posted 'manual angler kit for 43" blade' in for sale on WFM which includes the bracket I need. I am waiting for his response: if I can wrap up the deal, I would have the kit as well for the blade - currently it does not have the lever.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
ID,
First off I don't think you violated the "What's it worth rule".
You stated what the unit was selling for and asked if it was a decent price. If I were King that would be fine with me. I may be wrong but I wouldn't worry about it until Terry tells you about it.
Secondly, I think you got a good buy just because I bought the same 37A thrower for my 212 just a couple weeks back and although mine cost $120, it did come with the mounting piece you show you're missing but I had to purchase a belt at $30+.
I also needed the engine pulley (Silver painted one) AND 12" lift rod for the thrower.
All together I have another $80 into mine to make it work. (That's not counting the HELPER SPRING I bought for $120 to make it easy to lift)
Although the Helper Spring is for other attachments as well, it got pricey to make the tractor a very nice ready to snowthrow machine.
$320 plus I welded steel on my skid shoes.
I am anxious to play.....
Let us know how yours turns out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.