Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 322 and recently acquired a 40 loader. The seller did not have mounting brackets or the hydro relief valve that would be used on a 425/445/455. I believe I can get the loader mounted, but I have a couple questions:

1. Is the 322 capable of creating enough hydraulic pressure to operate the loader and provide satisfactory performance?
2. WIll the recommended relief valve work on a 300 series? Or is there one available that would serve the same purpose?

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
The 44 loader that was originally fitted to the open frame garden tractors like the 318, 322, 332 and similar models had a separate pump and reservoir...so it was not considered appropriate to operate a loader class accessory from the on-board hydraulics of these vintage tractors originally. My 322 had a 30 hydraulic tiller, again with a separate pump and reservoir for similar reasons.

I did have a small Johnny Bucket SR front bucket that DID use the on-board hydraulics and it did an acceptable job for what it was, and other front buckets like the OR-BILT and Buford units are similarly configured. I suspect that the on-board hydraulics of the 322 would result in much slower operation of the 40 loader and give limited lift power, but it would probably cycle. Maybe some member here has more direct experience to off on the topic.

Chuck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Chuck is right about the slow performance using the onboarding hydraulics. As far as the relief valve goes, the integral relief valve should handle pressure overload. This integral valve pressure can be increased a little using a shim kit supplied by J.D. Sorry, don't know the part #.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I run an OR-bilt loader on my 322. It can be a little slow at time but it gets the job done for my limited needs. A secondary pump and reservoir would provide a better lift and speed. That being said, I am happy with m loader.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run an OR-bilt loader on my 322. It can be a little slow at time but it gets the job done for my limited needs. A secondary pump and reservoir would provide a better lift and speed. That being said, I am happy with m loader.
[/QUOTE]
I’m in the same boat. I don’t really need a front end loader but it would be handy to have around. I just picked up a 322 for super cheap I wanna use, what size cylinders are you using? I’m hoping smaller bore cylinders won’t do as bad but idk the size everyone is using to begin with haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts