Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
318 Deere with a 20hp Onan, 48" deck, Powerflow bagger system, and Snow Blower.
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So over the weekend I picked up a couple new to me tractors. A 212 and a 420. When I was picking them up the family that was selling them said they had more Deere stuff I could have. Her dad had passed away and the tractors and parts were his.

Ok...Cool. I had no idea what some of the parts were.. but
I did some digging and found that I have 2 sets of Loader frame parts. Number 4 in this parts film

So... I see where the gentleman was going with this. Laying next to the arms was a piece of square tubing. Apparently that was going to be the beginning of his mount.
I also got what I'm guessing is the bucket he planned to use. The cutting edge looks like it was never used!

I'm not dead set on his idea, but... I'm not opposed to building off of it either. I think his plan was to build a front end loader out of the 410 loader parts and put them on the 420.

I can't find a spec, is the frame width remotely close between the 4100 tractors and the 420? I know the hydrostatic unit on the 420 isn't really up for the task. Since I'd be building it, I'd use the front PTO on the 420 to power a pump for the loader. UNLESS you guys tell me otherwise... lol

Any thoughts?

· Registered
2,791 Posts
A 420 makes for a good loader tractor, but the little info I found is that the 410 loader is just too heavy for a 420. I found one spec that the loader and bucket alone were about 900 lbs. That would probably include whatever mounts to mount it on the 4100 tractor. A custom mount to a 420 could probably be made somewhat lighter, but not that much.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 420 makes for a good loader tractor, but the little info I found is that the 410 loader is just too heavy for a 420. I found one spec that the loader and bucket alone were about 900 lbs. That would probably include whatever mounts to mount it on the 4100 tractor. A custom mount to a 420 could probably be made somewhat lighter, but not that much.

I kinda wondered about that.

Maybe the bucket isn't for the 410... I picked it up off the ground by myself and put it on the trailer...and off the trailer to the ground by myself.
I'll have to do some serious thinking and designing IF I decide to do it, that much is for sure.

· Registered
3,352 Posts
Looking online, 41/200 tractors look about the size of our 2025R, and the loader looks similar to our H130. Which I would describe in short as, way to big for any SGT or GT.

Reactions: DieselDood

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking online, 41/200 tractors look about the size of our 2025R, and the loader looks similar to our H130. Which I would describe in short as, way to big for any SGT or GT.
From what I was seeing the 4100 is about 500lbs heavier, but has front wheel assist.... I'm not sure if that extra weight is in the Front assist, the.... "lift" parts and that kind of thing (tires are larger, etc)

I don't have a ton of uses for a loader, but I did think it was interesting. If it would be a fairly quick and easy, I'd think about building one. But really, after all is said and done... in roughly 5-7 years I plan to upgrade to a 1025R. At that time I'll probably invest in the loader.

Now... I see these loader arms/supports aren't cheap... but why in the world would someone need or want to buy them! LOL I would sure hate to send them to scrap!

· Registered
3,352 Posts
From what I was seeing the 4100 is about 500lbs heavier, but has front wheel assist.... I'm not sure if that extra weight is in the Front assist, the.... "lift" parts and that kind of thing (tires are larger, etc)

I don't have a ton of uses for a loader, but I did think it was interesting. If it would be a fairly quick and easy, I'd think about building one. But really, after all is said and done... in roughly 5-7 years I plan to upgrade to a 1025R. At that time I'll probably invest in the loader.

Now... I see these loader arms/supports aren't cheap... but why in the world would someone need or want to buy them! LOL I would sure hate to send them to scrap!
The weight is distributed throughout, MFWD axle, heavier frame, heavier power train, etc.
Many tractors we’re bought without loaders and some people decide to add them afterwards, and the mounts especially are pretty machine specific. Probably could find a buyer for the mounts and loader relatively easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts