Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of converting my 420 front rims to 10 inch. Any suggestions, comments, or leads on what my options might be. Also is there a way to search in the forum, I see the search community bar, but have been here since 2014 and still don’t know how to search in a forum, ie, For Sale, Want to buy etc.

· Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Garlin,

What year is your 420, as that will determine if it has inch sized front spindles or metric.
Up to 362061 used 1" spindles.
SN 362062 and up used 25mm spindles.

If metric, you can use the Deere replacement hubs and just get 5 lug front rims like those seen on one of the the 322 tractors that I had (the one on the right...)

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

If your 420 is early enough that it has 1 inch spindles, you might try 5 lug trailer hubs and that would need welding on matching asle ends tat accommodate the tensioning nut for the tapered bearings. You can also get five lug hubs from this source that would use your existing 1 inch spindles from Xtreme Motorworks:
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Rectangle Circle

Chuck

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garlin,

What year is your 420, as that will determine if it has inch sized front spindles or metric.
Up to 362061 used 1" spindles.
SN 362062 and up used 25mm spindles.

If metric, you can use the Deere replacement hubs and just get 5 lug front rims like those seen on one of the the 322 tractors that I had (the one on the right...)

View attachment 287261

If your 420 is early enough that it has 1 inch spindles, you might try 5 lug trailer hubs and that would need welding on matching asle ends tat accommodate the tensioning nut for the tapered bearings. You can also get five lug hubs from this source that would use your existing 1 inch spindles from Xtreme Motorworks:
View attachment 287262
Chuck
I have 3, all 90s they are metrin

· Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Garlin,

So for metric you can just buy the conversion 5 lug hub from Deere. It is expensive, but just goes on like the integral wheel/hub of the stock tractor. Then use 10 inch five lug rims with any tire combination you choose...

The part number is AM140109 and they are really expensive...years ago when I bought mine they were well under half the $218 each that Deere wants now. :eek:

With access to a machine shop you can make your own for less like this thread details:

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts