Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hub is seized on the crank. Any ideas on getting it off? I put a puller on the pulley but all it did was pull the bearing off the hub. I can't get the armature (7) off because the hole on the backside is smaller than the lip on the hub (5).

pto.jpg

pto a.PNG

·
Registered
748 Posts
Picture of your clutch mounting bolts needs to show whole mounting and clutch. Cap screw left hand lower corner of picture, why is it still installed. Using a puller on the pulley will actually damage Armature?
Add a better image , please?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Penetrating oil (lots), patience, a little heat and arrange for gravity to work for you all the time. Otherwise you're looking at cutting it off...very ugly.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It could take a few more weeks, keep bathing it (daily application), try it place some cloth in the key way so it doesn't run out the bottom of the clutch. It could be really rusted on (30+ years) so that is why yearly maintenance has to include the clutches also.

·
Registered
279 Posts
can I put a 400 belly mower on my 420? will it work, is the rear 3point mower or the belly mower better for mowing ruff ground??

·
Registered
279 Posts
How rough is the area to be mowed? Do you expect to fly across the ground bouncing across the terrain?
it is just (wild) grass part of it is a old feald so that is the ruffest. (I have used a JD LT155 before but I was gonna do it with my 420 because it is a nicer tractor.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good vibrations

It could take a few more weeks, keep bathing it (daily application), try it place some cloth in the key way so it doesn't run out the bottom of the clutch. It could be really rusted on (30+ years) so that is why yearly maintenance has to include the clutches also.
Put a blunt point on an air chisel and vibrate it It will help the penetrating oil get in. What type of puller are you using?

g

1 - 12 of 12 Posts