Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 15 years ago I removed the rockshaft from my 1983 420 and installed a 3 point hitch. Now I want to transfer the 3 point hitch to my 1991 420 but for the life of me cannot remember how to remove the rockshaft and cannot find any info on the web. Any help would be appreciated. FYI ......... I was a member here for years but had brain surgery a few years ago and had to create a new user name. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
35 Posts
About 15 years ago I removed the rockshaft from my 1983 420 and installed a 3 point hitch. Now I want to transfer the 3 point hitch to my 1991 420 but for the life of me cannot remember how to remove the rockshaft and cannot find any info on the web. Any help would be appreciated. FYI ......... I was a member here for years but had brain surgery a few years ago and had to create a new user name. Thanks for the help!
If memory serves, you need to take out the two silver bolts in the below left side picture. That takes off the bracket that holds the shaft. You can just see that octagonal split piece that holds the shaft in the frame. I remember needing a third arm to get it back together.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Here's the rear PTO installation manual that shows it more clearly.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts