Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In need of a driveshaft for a model 48 tiller that attaches to a 420 machine. The tractor half of mine is missing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
I have some driveshafts I do not have any idea where they came from. Do you have any description/photos to help identify what you need. Length and description of the sliding joint would be helpful.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
Sorry, I don't have anything that long. I looked at the shaft in parts catalog. I know I am not supposed to rely on graphics in a PC but it appears to be a square bar inside a square tube. Ag department stores sell this type of drive shafts. If shaft is NLA from Deere have you tried piecing one together from another source?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yellow Rectangle Font Line Wall
Motor vehicle World Leaf Wood Gas
Wheel Tire Plant Bicycle wheel Automotive tire
Wood Tool Hand tool Gas Bicycle part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Bell
Backsaw Leaf Motor vehicle Wood Gas
Light Automotive tire Water Fluid Tire
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread
Hopefully this is the same tiller you have. It came on my 332. It does have a square sliding shaft (not rectangular as I thought). Maybe they use different configurations on different speeds as my 400 pto’s are rectangular. The spline is covered with grease for storage but I’m guessing you have the count and dimensions already. My shaft does not slip apart easily, and I’m glad for that, not sure what retains it. If you have any questions I’m happy to go measure or investigate. Hope you can find one, I’m sure you will, plenty of time now till spring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tha appears to be the same as mine. I do not have the diameter and or spline count on the male end (grease covered) i you dont mind could i have that information please?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts