Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This low hour (300+) 425 has been sitting for about six months. I put a battery in it today and while the starter engages I realized on the second try that the fuel pump was not running. It will start on a shot of starting fluid so the fuel pump seems to be the problem.

It would be a great help if someone could identify the color and location of the wire that feeds that pump. If I find 12v on that wire I can pretty much determine the pump has failed.

Are these pumps prone to "sticking" when they have been sitting for months at a time?

Thanks for encouragement or suggestions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally had an opportunity to look into the no start situation on this tractor today.

I pulled the two fuses and checked them with a meter and they were fine. I removed the seat and rear metal. As I prepared to check the connector at the tank with a meter I switched on the ignition and was surprised to hear the pump running. Evidently the upper fuse which protects the circuit that includes the fuel pump was not making enough contact. Simply removing it and replacing it was enough to make good contact.

BTW the 12v supply to the fuel pump is pink/black.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts