Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 430 last spring. Had a few interesting times sorting this & that, then it was a JOY to mow 5 acres in 4 hours or less! This summer tho, i noticed that my 30 year old had taken up smoking. A LOT more than i was accustomed to. After changing the oil, I started the engine to check for leaks, and Lo and BEHOLD!!
Auto part Pipe Vehicle Automotive exhaust Engine
I thought, I never remember leaning on that hose! And it wouldn't pop back out- until the engine was shut off.
The OEM intake hose is no longer available from any source I could find..... So, this is what we did.
Got a radiator reinforcing hose from Amazon, $7.95 - free shipping - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2JFPNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wound it out a bit until it was a bit bigger than the intake hose I.D. then wound it in there from the straight section all the way to the 90 degree bend. Problem solved!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Your problem may be solved, that hose has weak spot in it.
I'd look for a hose to replace that and put the spring in it.
Just my .02, ymmv.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'd go to the parts store and ask to look thru there inventory of hoses. In the Hope of finding the section needed from a longer hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally got my 430 last spring. Had a few interesting times sorting this & that, then it was a JOY to mow 5 acres in 4 hours or less! This summer tho, i noticed that my 30 year old had taken up smoking. A LOT more than i was accustomed to. After changing the oil, I started the engine to check for leaks, and Lo and BEHOLD!!
View attachment 241500 I thought, I never remember leaning on that hose! And it wouldn't pop back out- until the engine was shut off.
The OEM intake hose is no longer available from any source I could find..... So, this is what we did.
Got a radiator reinforcing hose from Amazon, $7.95 - free shipping - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2JFPNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wound it out a bit until it was a bit bigger than the intake hose I.D. then wound it in there from the straight section all the way to the 90 degree bend. Problem solved!
You did check the air filters to make sure they weren't plugged, didn't you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.