Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have reasearched everything I can from Google on 430 John Deere Garden tractors. I am at a stand still on my 430 and could use help if you find time. The tractor has had no issues until it would not start unless i manually pulled the fuel solenoid back when I did it would stay running. The fuel solenoid would sometimes take a few seconds or so then pullback and at times not at all but would show aprox 6.9v at the white wire of the fuel solenoid . I replaced the fuel solenoid because after time it would not stay pulled in/back and now There are times it will pull back then It starts to crank and it trips the reset button. Continues to trip the reset button now after a second or so and will not run. Any ideas? Thank you for your time

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Check linkages for wear causing binding which draws more power for the solenoid to move/hold. Also the re-settable circuit breaker may be weak and tripping at a lower amp than when new. You would need to measure the current draw with a meter that can do DC amps (range of 20 amps). Amp meter would be in series to the solenoid.

· Registered
Yanmar Clacking
490 Posts
have reasearched everything I can from Google on 430 John Deere Garden tractors. I am at a stand still on my 430 and could use help if you find time. The tractor has had no issues until it would not start unless i manually pulled the fuel solenoid back when I did it would stay running. The fuel solenoid would sometimes take a few seconds or so then pullback and at times not at all but would show aprox 6.9v at the white wire of the fuel solenoid . I replaced the fuel solenoid because after time it would not stay pulled in/back and now There are times it will pull back then It starts to crank and it trips the reset button. Continues to trip the reset button now after a second or so and will not run. Any ideas? Thank you for your time
Like what BRG said, check your linkages for it. They can definitely become kinda crusty/rusty, and will make some resistance. Also, I see your pfp, your 430 is gorgeous! What year is it?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. It was the fuel solenoid linkage being out of adjustment. Sure was nice to hear the 1986 Yanmar make good noises again. Ordered a technical service manual. I restored it last winter and have enjoyed plowing, discing and plugging the yard with it! I use it as a tractor then wash it lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts