Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 445 and have ran it all spring& summer, I purchased a new 52" plow with tilt and all and put it on tonight. The tractor has always had a whine to it I thought was odd but normal. Well come to find out it was not normal and was telling me a valve was stuck. Up and down works great, but tilt cylinder wants or pull to one side (depending on how you have the hoses). The bottom right (inside) valve is not pressuring from my diagnosis. What's a good place to start for troubleshooting. Bottom leaver is solid but still pushing fluid out of bottom left (outer) side of valve body. Need to figure something out before snow flies. I took lower end cap off the valve body (has ball bearings springs and two bolts) the shank wont budge but the spring turns with pressure. That's as far as I've gotten. Thanks guys. I can get pictures or a video if your confused.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is a lockout valve to stop flow to the 3 point hitch and direct it all to the front outlets. Without it the front mounted plow will do as you describe (assuming your plow is front mounted). Read this thread 445 Hydraulic RockShaft lockout valve question

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds to me like the valve is stuck from lack of use. I've used a c-clamp on the lever linkage at the valve and put a little pressure on it to move is just a little. Once it moves some start working it with the dash lever, a little at a time. It may take a bunch of small moves to get it to fully function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the lock out valve that wasn't the issue. So, I got the valve to free up, but busted the detent valve cover in the process. Some how when I took the cover off the other night, I didn't get something right and the rod was hitting the side of the cover I'm guessing from the marks. Thanks to daylight savings time and working with a flashlight. Me tapping on it eventually destroyed it. I JB welded it back together and will see if that will be a temporary fix to use as a spare if needed while Deere is retrieving a new one (kit), and should be here Friday. All is "or will be" good. Its not going to snow for a while yet I hope.... pricey mistake but learned something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and a correction from my first post, I had the hoses on wrong, The lower/raise "bottom leaver" was the one that was stuck. Top side hook ups and leaver is for tilt. I found this info in another thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts