Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a front blade from a 425 for my 455. The 455 has never had a blade on it what kind of problems may I have with the hydraulic couplers?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Not familiar with the hydraulics on your 455...how many ports? location? Couplers can leak from age/wear & worn O rings. Have you checked hose and coupler condition on the blade? Checked condition of couplers on your 455? Without more info that's all I can contribute.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you already have the Quick Hitch for your 455 and is the blade the Quick Hitch version.

Both of my 455's have a 4 port Hydro coupling on the left side near the front of foot rest. They should have a 4 color set of protective caps on them. Near the rear of that assembly there is a small valve that locks out the rear lift cylinder.

If your blade is of the QH type I think you can still get the QH bundle from JD. Not all QH will work with the 455 as JD also made a QH for the 318 tractors.with has a narrower mount on the tractor.

Having the QH you can also mount the 46 blower and a 51 broom.

318 /w mower deck, QH blade and 46 blower x 3 plus 2 455 QH equiped Got the green fever bad

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The 455 came standard with all the hydraulic connections needed to connect that blade. You did not specify if you are buying just the blade and using your existing Quik Hitch, or buying the Quik Hitch too. Either way, you'll need to have the angle cylinder for the Quik Hitch, which was originally sold separately.

You might also run into problems if the couplers on your 455 have never been used - they are probably pretty dirty. Give them a thorough cleaning before trying to install the blade. In addition, you'll find it easier to connect the hoses if you release pressure in the hydraulic lines - with the tractor off, move both levers back and forth a few time to release the pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am selling from my 455 a Quick Hitch with angling kit installed and the 54" blade. Please message me if any interest.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I am selling from my 455 a Quick Hitch with angling kit installed and the 54" blade. Please message me if any interest.
You need to post your stuff in the Classifieds forum under For Sale. Be sure and follow the listing rules, ie. price, location, and photos (if you want some results that is).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts