Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
455 just developed the subject problems. At the same time I think. Just started looking into it. So far it seems no power to the pump. Are the any problems that could cause not issues?
I’ll keep digging when I find my manual but I’m hoping there is some ‘I know what that is’ wisdom here.

· Registered
198 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I got the fuel pump issue fixed, I think. At least temporarily, as I need to put a new connector on the pump and fuel gauge plug at the tank.

The charge problem appears to be the alternator as I read battery voltage at the alt running or not. Probably the internal regulator. And, darn those things are expensive. Much more than the automotive equivalent parts. Gonna shop a bit before placing an order.

· Registered
198 Posts
Ken, I I bought one of the 20 amp units off ebay for about $105 9 years and 500 hours ago and it is still working well. The seller I got mine from doesn't have the 20 amp units currently but there are others.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
If you can find a starter / alternator shop near you, it might be worth a try. I had my starter repaired a couple of years ago by a really old fellow in a dirty, dusty shop and it was was cheaper than a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts