Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Francis,
Don't have a 430, but on the 318 with the 47 if I lift it all the way up it really rattles. Let it down about a inch or so and it smoothes right out. The shaft really runs at a steep angle when it's all the way up. Hope this helps.
Do you have any play in the pto crosses or the needle brgs. on the drive shaft?
Eric

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Francis,

There doesn't have to be any play in the U-joints for the rattle that you hear. Brand new 47's with new U-joints will do the exact same thing- Just too much angle running through them at full lift.

Have fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Help!!! I am repowering an LX277 with a 14hp Kawasaki I had laying around. Everything bolts up and fits, but I can't figure out how to wire the "trigger" and alternator. This has the little silver trigger on the side of the engine and two black wires coming from under the cowl, with one white wire coming from under the cowl, to the "trigger" then to the plug. The white wire tests as a ground. I get nothing on the two black wires, so I am assuming they are charging wires.

Which wires go where and do I need a regulator? I know some Briggs engines use one and some don't, but am not sure about Kawasaki. Any help appreciated.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.