Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this goes on a 2014, X360 John Deere.
wife ran into huge rock with the deck and bent the front wheel mount and front of deck way in. just realized this when i removed it for winter before changing attachments to the snowblower. so before spring I need to have a repair or replace plan. if I could get a good deck shell, I could swap all pulleys, wheels and spindles. I live in SE Wisconsin. so I hope to get lucky and find something I can drive to and pick up.
any leads?

· Registered
943 Posts
A repair if you’re handy with a welder might be more friendly to the pocketbook. Make sure it’s not twisted and blades setting crooked before spending much time. If you can find a replacement shell, you should be able to reuse everything on old deck, unless they also got damaged in rock strike.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I just repaired a few (small) dings in the front of my old 50" deck. Just put a big adjustable wrench on it and bent it. If it's by one of the wheels, I would add a piece of pipe on the wrench. Be careful. (the worst part is trying to counter hold the whole deck to bend it back.)

I figure if you're ready to replace it, try to fix it. What are you going to do, ruin it worse? :LOL: Then if it can't be fixed, worry about replacing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts