Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73-74 140 H3, 54 Blade, 49 Snow Thrower
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a want add on the forum for the correct chute control bracket to mount my 49 on the 140. So far no luck, but that's ok. Found a few on the auction site, but feel there over priced. So now that we have snow I'll just make one in the meantime. The bracket I currently have is for a 322 and seems to put the handle quite far out from the operator. Maybe that's normal as I never had a thrower for this tractor before. Can someone measure theirs on a 140? Really only need the dimension from the angled bend to the end of the bracket where it holds the rod.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Reactions: capeangler

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had posted a want add on the forum for the correct chute control bracket to mount my 49 on the 140. So far no luck, but that's ok. Found a few on the auction site, but feel there over priced. So now that we have snow I'll just make one in the meantime. The bracket I currently have is for a 322 and seems to put the handle quite far out from the operator. Maybe that's normal as I never had a thrower for this tractor before. Can someone measure theirs on a 140? Really only need the dimension from the angled bend to the end of the bracket where it holds the rod.
They are overpriced. If you click on the link you can see the one I made. Believe me, I have no technical skill whatsoever.
I just got super advice on this forum. If you need help- let me know.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
On 140 you have the hydro speed control lever on the outside of the tower. This may force the bracket to move the control lever further outboard. Never had a model 49 on a 140 so I may be all wet.

·
Registered
73-74 140 H3, 54 Blade, 49 Snow Thrower
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I have the material, just need to get some free time to make it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts