Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they have been able to replace the bearing on the tensioner sprocket on a 49 snow blower? JD # for assembly is AM31238/AM108291. Bearing is ND #3203AC, which seems to be readily available. Bearing is a lot cheaper than the assembly if it can be replaced. Thanks for the help on this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes Jack, the bearing can be replaced. The bearing in the tensioner sprocket on my 49 blower had the number 203KRR2. I got one at Tractor Supply (TSC) which fit perfectly. Its a China made bearing but good enough for an idler. It slides in by hand, but has to be lined up just right. I used Permatex Hi-temp Sleeve Retainer (64000), let it set-up for a couple of days and reinstalled it on the blower. Held together all last winter and see no reason it's not permanent. If you look closely at the original you'll see it too had some kind of adhesive securing it. The Permatex Sleeve Retainer is designed for securing bearings, but is expensive, about $12 I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have a model 49 and would like to replace the bearings on the auger and small drive sproket. Any chance that someone knows the JD part # or a cross reference number I can use. I was guessing they would be in stock at Tractor supply?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jerry, Thank-you, can always get an answer here. Hate to reinvent the wheel if I don't have too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaron,

First welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of great info and experience here. As for the JD #'s your looking for:

The bearing on the input shaft, the small one with the welded-on sprocket is JD9217 with these options:

Alternative Part
A-JD9217 Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB - 9.96 USD
A-NPS012RPC Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB - 9.96 USD
A-RA012RRB-I Ball Bearing - BEARING, BALL; SPH., PL - 9.96 USD
A-RA012RRB-P Ball Bearing - BEARING, BALL; SPH., PL - 22.38 USD

The Auger bearings are JD8665 with these options:

lternative Part
A-JD8665 Bearing - ADAPTOR BEARING - 6.31 USD
A-NPS100RPC Bearing - ADAPTOR BEARING - 6.31 USD
A-RA100NPPB Bearing - IMPORT BEARING - 10.57 USD
A-RA100RRB-I Ball Bearing - BEARING, BALL; SPH., PL - 6.31 USD

Prices are for my local dealer, might be different.

If you haven't checked out JDParts jump on there and poke around, takes a bit to learn how to find stuff but its not too hard and lots of info.

https://jdparts.deere.com/

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
For mine I put new sprockets and chain then I had to put a new idler too.
It's cheaper than the JD but not that much, it's not a chinese.
It's a Tsubaki 50BB15H with 15 teeth instead of 16.
Andre

·
Registered
152 Posts
JDF,
I tried that. Removed one link and added a half link. But the chain was too short and tight to reconnect by 1/8". With a full link added, chain was too loose and rubbed on the bottom of the guard, so I went back to using the idler.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
JDF,
I tried that. Removed one link and added a half link. But the chain was too short and tight to reconnect by 1/8". With a full link added, chain was too loose and rubbed on the bottom of the guard, so I went back to using the idler.
Sorry , I forgot to mention I replaced the 40 tooth sprocket with a 34 tooth. I had no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts