Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The area cut by the blade on the discharge side is doing a poor job of cutting. The area cut by the other two blades is being cut nicely. To describe the "poor cutting" I would say it is only cutting some of the grass and very little to the height of the other blades.

The deck is very clean. The blades are like new and sharp. I have checked/adjusted the blade height while the tractor is on a level concrete slab.

The deck does not have the black plastic extension on the discharge opening. Do you think the fact that it is missing interrupts the lift that that blade is supposed to supply and the grass isn't more or less upright so as to be cut off? This is the only thing I can think of and while it is a possibility a second almost identical tractor does not cut this way.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Randy

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is the blade bolt tight? Pulley on top has key or tight on shaft?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know when I'm mowing with the discharge chute up to disperse the clippings the blade on the discharge cuts very poorly, when down it cuts as normal. So what I've been doing is drop the chute in low grass areas and double cut the higher thick grass areas. My guess is the air isn't being drawn from the bottom of the deck but through the open discharge disrupting the air flow across the grass blades and not drawing them up to the cutting blade.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping for a solution that did not involve adding a discharge chute, but perhaps I will need to look into fitting one of those if I want an even cut all the way across.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts