Weekend Freedom Machines banner

54 Plow

838 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  alan_wolfe 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Thank you for your time; just hooked up my plow with hydro lift and angle to my 318....seems to be a very slow leak from one of the female ports (port on tractor) has anyone had issues with that before? Hoses are fine and not leaking....I look behind the frame and no leak, seems to be seaping from the connection???

Thank you,

Chris

#4 ·
Chris,
Check your couplers for dirt or rust. Also, there is an o-ring in the female coupler that may be bad or missing. The o-ring is JD part 32246, or you might find it locally, dimensions 0.549 inch ID and 0.103 inch thick.
Good luck.

#5 ·
Hi Harold,

When I bought the tractor early this year the ports were pretty rusty, I can see the o-ring, looks like a bear to remove and replace...I may try that though....also, how difficult is it to replace the female fitting? Is that an expensive issue?

Thank you,

Chris

#6 ·
Hi Chris,
If the couplers are rusty inside, replacement is the best option. A snap ring on the back side holds the coupler to the frame. Remove the snap ring and then use two wrenches to remove the coupler from the line fitting. It shouldn't be a tough job, but with tight quarters and maybe rusty threads, you will probably use some language not suitable for tender ears. The (Parker/Pioneer) female coupler, AM37982 lists for $14.50 at JD. See the recent thread for the same coupler on a 140.
http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/17/85189.html?1134161980
Good luck.
Harold

#7 ·
Chris,

My 317 was doing the same thing. The o ring was the problem.

The O ring is a standard size number 113. The female coupler is a Pioneer 4050-2P and the male tip is a 4010-2P. Removing the o ring is fairly simple . I used a tool similar to a dental pick and they popped right out.

Hope this helps,

George of Buford

#8 ·
Chris: You can get a Parker/Pioneer #4050-P2 from a "Parker Store" for about $10-11 each. These stores are all over the United States and Canada. This fitting is the same one JD sells. By the way, the male half is a Parker/Pioneer #4010-P2 and sells for about $5. These have an updated poppet seal that is less prone to leakage than the old ball check design.

#9 ·
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all the help; the female ports have the poppets I think since they have a point like a tab, not a ball. I'll try the new oring route and see if that helps at all....will keep everyone posted. It never leaked when I wasn't using it; so I guess I can rule out the female plug being bad (maybe oring though) or possibly the male connection being worn, but it looks fine?

Thank you again,

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.