Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I removed the two hydraulic hoses for the chute rotation on my 60" snowblower because they had failed. Afterwards, I noticed that a small disc had fallen out of one of the lines. I assume that it is an orifice disc, and must go into one of the fittings that connect to the blower. However, I am unsure which of the two fittings to put it in when I install my new hoses. Unfortunately, the Deere parts catalog does not seem to show it: https://partsadvisormobile.deere.co...tions/ST500941,A&MP29144________UN03SEP02,02S

Any ideas on where this orifice disc (if that is what it is) should go, or if it is needed at all?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
It may be a flow restriction the po added, althoughit looks fancy compared to others I’ve seen.

The chute control is fast and I could see someone using one, especially if the hydraulic controls are not smooth.

I’m guessing it’s a 59, which is basically a large sized 47 chest freezer. I have not heard of a 60.

One thing doesn’t make sense is the connections you show. What you call the tractor connector is a male fitting that belongs on the hoses. The tractor should have female quick connect couplers to receive the male hoses. I don’t see them anywhere.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I see you have a 430/47.

A 59 should connect exactly the same, just different size connectors and hoses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The chute control was definitely fast (with the flow restrictor in place). It spun 180 degrees in less than a second.

I should have rephrased my descriptions. By "tractor connections" I mean the male fittings on the hoses which connect to the tractor. The "blower connections" are the female fittings which connect to the blower. Perhaps this is also the wrong forum for this issue. I also have a 3320 with 60 inch blower, which is the subject of this post. I just posted the blower problem here because I have an existing account on this site and the 60" and 47" blower designs look similar.

In any case, I was wondering if the flow restrictor could have caused pressure spikes, eventually causing the hoses to fail.

I had a shop make up some new hoses. Unfortunately, they did not have enough 1/4" hose, so they used 3/8" instead. I hope the larger diameter does not cause an issue.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
A 3320 uses a 59. I sold one last winter. It shares many parts with a 47, I parted out a 59 off a x55 series that had a bad gearbox output.

Yes that is where I would put the restriction. Side doesn’t matter. It slows fluid going left and right. It does not reduce pressure just flow.

I doubt hose size will matter, usually the fittings are the system restriction.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can verify that without that disc the chute moves faster than you can blink. Kind of scary and out of control actually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts