Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got it. My Grandad bought this new in 64 and it has always been kept inside. He passed some years ago and my brother ended up with it. He gave it to me this year for Christmas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Roger. The cab does have a few tears in it and you can see the duct tape on the rear window, but overall it is in nice shape. The tractor hasn't been started for about 2 years. This was Grandad's only lawn tractor until the 90's. I can just imagine the number of hours he spent on it mowing, tilling, and throwing snow.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Paul, that is a great tractor and story to go with it. I love the way that cab comes down at the rear...I have not seen one...bet there are not many around. Would be neat to see if you could patch or repair it up. Overall looks to be in real nice shape. Very nice!

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Paul it could have still been bought in late 1964. My orange 1966 was built on Sept 20 1965. JD in those days did the same as auto companies introducing the new models in the Fall of the preceding year. I am going to assume you will end up modifying the PTO. If there are upholstery shops in your area that will do car seats you might find someone willing to work on the cab. Still looks like a great project to me plus you have a 4 speed transmission instead of a 3 speed which will make the tractor more usable. Roger

·
Registered
596 Posts
Paul Humphrey - Great 110RF! And, yes, that is great that it was your grandpa's tractor. The tiller looks like it's in real good shape. A lot of life left in the tines. Really great and good for you.

Kenneth

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. T.C., the little person in the cab is my son and I am paying for him every day! He is excited to work on his great grandpa's tractor, even though he never got to meet him.

Roger, what do you mean by modifying the pto?

It came with the double pulley on the mule drive for the tiller and the integral hitch doesn't appear to have ever been used.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After doing some pressure washing, I believe the engine was replaced at some point as it is black. The generator light stays on though. If I jump the generator to the battery for a second, the light goes out for a while until I change the rpm's. Am I right to assume that the regulator is bad then?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.