Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the dimensions of the narrow rim?? I just bought a set and the width is like 4 3/4 is this correct?? Also what is the size of the tri rib tire that goes on the narrow rim?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
There are two rim widths. 3 3/4 inches wide and 5 3/8 inchs wide. The narrow rim is for 4.00-8 tires and the wide rim is 16x6.50-8 tires. You can buy tri ribs in both sizes. The width is measured on the inside of the rim where tire blows up against. If you go down about 10 threads you can see what the 4.00-8 tire looks like on the wide rims. The post is titled 110 front tire pics. If you use the Search feature there have been 100s of posts similar to that one. I suspect your rims are for the wide tires but as I said you can use the narrow tires on them and save a lot of money. 4 3/4 inches would not be a correct size rim. Roger

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, I just bought a set from Jim Hartman. I was measuring from outside to outside of the rim so I would think they are 3 3/4 wide on the inside. I will double check tonight when I get home from work. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.