Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a carburetor kit into my 110 and it ran great, until it ran out off fuel. Now it will not restart, it will attempt to start but it will not go. It isn’t spark related.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Lawn mower Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Do as Stefan says. Thinking gunk got sucked in and clogged something up when you ran it dry.

Reactions: jake_vc and Stefan

·
Registered
‘66 110H and a ‘66 110
5 Posts
Pull fuel line off from carb and make sure fuel is flowing out of the hose from the tank. That’ll tell you where to look, either a restriction in the fuel hose/filter/petcock, or the needle has actually stuck closed. Had it happen to my 110. Thought I rant it out of fuel but the needle was sticking to the seat and not letting fuel into the bowl.
Ben

·
Registered
771 Posts
You have gotten very good advice from everyone who has answered before me.

When you installed the carb kit, what parts did you change out? If you installed a new float and needle valve, did you also change the seat? It's always best to change the needle and seat as a set, especially if the new needle valve is different than the old one.

Did you adjust the float level while you had the carb apart? - that probably would not affect starting but it would affect smooth operation.

If I recall, this is a brand new tractor to you, right? That tank could have a lot of junk in it and depending on what kind of filter is or is not on the tractor, could some debris have gotten into the carburetor and plugged up the main jet?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fuel is on. The tank is clean and there is fuel to the carburetor. The engine attempts to start but not enough to go.

·
Registered
771 Posts
After you crank and it won’t start, pull the spark plug. If it’s dry, you aren’t getting fuel through the carburetor. If it soaking wet, the engine is likely flooded. Check your float and needle valve and see if the needle valve is stuck open.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took the spark plug out and set it on the top of the motor with the wire on and cranked thr engine.

·
Registered
1989 318
2,999 Posts
I picked up a nifty spark plug tester so I did not have to remove the plug, it works like a charm! Much easier to see also.

Auto part Nickel Metal Font Steel

Reactions: Stefan

·
Registered
771 Posts
I took the spark plug out and set it on the top of the motor with the wire on and cranked thr engine.
That's good that you have spark. While you were cranking, did you happen to see any air/fuel mist spray out of the cylinder? If so, that would indicate you are getting fuel into the cylinder, maybe too much fuel as in flooding, if the mist was heavy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whenever I run out of gas, tractor or mower, even if engine is still warm I have to choke it.
It's a little hard to restart but always does in a few seconds, then choke off (open).
Did you get it running?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It isn’t at my house, so I have not worked on it since.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I’ve had some get air bound. Had to blow into the fuel tank to push fuel through.

Reactions: TiredDeere210
1 - 17 of 17 Posts