Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Working at restoring a 1967 112 and I am having a hard time locating some fasteners. Would anyone be able to direct me where one might find the proper screws that attach the air base and intake tube to the carburetor? Four (4) in all. I ordered the parts listed on the john deere site but the heads do not look like the originals. The lengths are right, but that is where the similarities end. I am also looking for the bolts that attach the flywheel cover to the engine shroud. I believe there are two(2), one 1/4 x 1/2, the other being 1/4 x 2 with a spacer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi everyone,, this is my first post.hope someone can help cause im getting aggravated. right now im working on a restoration of a 1973 70 and i have tried everything to get this darn steering wheel off so i can get the tower off..i have beat the living heck out of it,,soaket it in brake fluid,wd40,and pb blaster.also pullers of every kind.the steering wheel is perfect and im trying not to mess it up..is it possible to pull the hole shaft out of the steering box?and if so what holds the shaft in?i took the bottom cap off and lower bearing out but dont see how to get the shaft out.

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Shane,
Welcome to WFM. You're actually in the wrong section. This for round fenders 110 and 112. You need to post in the Lawn tractor and Rear Engine Rider section above this one. Please start a thread there.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Lawrence,have you tried looking at Brafasco or Fastenall?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.