Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 68 140 does not have rubber pads under the pan toward the front. The service manual shows them, but there is no mention in the parts manual. I had what looked like clear slick packaging tape in the area they should be located. Anyone have any idea how thick these rubber pads are?

· Registered
1,284 Posts
I made some for the old tractor I had, it was a combo of steel pipe with a hose over it, then 2 pieces of larger hose that fit over the pipe hose combo. Luckily I took a pic. The hose is 3/8" and 3/4".

Reactions: redbarn110

· Registered
277 Posts
My 68 140 does not have rubber pads under the pan toward the front. The service manual shows them, but there is no mention in the parts manual. I had what looked like clear slick packaging tape in the area they should be located. Anyone have any idea how thick these rubber pads are?
There was a thread here 10-15 years ago about this, can’t locate it. What I remember was cutting pieces from a dense foam gardening kneeling pad, I believe about 3/4” thick available in garden center at Home Depot. Did it to my 140, still there.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have some leftover rubber mat from Rural King that I used to make a mat for gator bed and floor board. I think it is 3/8 or 1/2 judging from the amount of down turn the pan has on the front top where it contacts the front bushings in the frame rails. I am going to assume it is supposed to be supported at same height as the front bushing. Thanks again!

· Registered
277 Posts
As an aside, if I remember correctly, i used the remaining adhesive that had remained on the side rails as a pattern for length and placement for the new pads. As far as thickness, I suppose thickness would be dependent on the density of the material used.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob, I found the part in a 120 manual, it is in PC1078 and called a strap. Item 8 on page 16. I cleaned the glue prior to painting the pan. I am going to go with the rubber matt I have left over. It is either 3/8 or 1/2. The SM is pretty clear as to location. Thanks again. posted a pic of the 140 as received.

· Registered
5,074 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts