Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the afternoon trying to install my K301. Had problems lining up the driveshaft with the rear coupler so took the coupler off and installed it on the drive shaft. About 1/8 of an inch of key is showing, I need about an additional inch of rearward movement for the engine mount bolts to line up. Can't seem to get the engine to move back 1 inch. Have a pretty sensitive chain hoist and have tried many positions trying to "lighten the load". Tried pulling it with longer bolts in flex plate....no help. Is there a trick to this? Frustrating to say the least! Any ideas from you guys who have experience at this are very welcome!

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, everyone likes pics, so here is where I am. Hood is repaired and painted as well as the pan. Seat is done with new cover for metal seat pan. Tried to keep as correct as possible, but has a replacement engine. So far, front tires, PTO light, ignition switch, LED rear tail lights, seat cover, and engine are not OEM. I also replaced most of the common hardware with grade 8 zinc plated.
Tire Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts