Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 70 started to get hard to shift unless I idled it down. Now it is worse. I tried the brake adjustment, rlplaced the worn belt with M41592. Cleaned the pulleys. The new belt seemed the same length as my old belt. Does the transaxel pulley stop when the clutch is engaged? Mine keeps turning. It goes into gear fine when not running

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe,
I tried canting it toward the back of the tractor further and no luck so I went the other way over center quite a bit toward the front. This did stop the belt but then it jumped the front pulley. Looks like my front belt guide is not parallel with the pulley. Is this correct to cant the tensioner belt guide as my service manual calls it, toward the front of the tractor. Belt stop would make more sense to me if that is what it is called.
Getting ready to go out of town for a few days so will tackle this when I get back. I do appreciate any and all comments or pictures on where it should be. I guess that my vary from tractor to tractor.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Steve, I have one of my 70's fender pan off at this time. If you can take some pics. and mail them to me of the rear belt and tensioner, ect. I can look at mine and see if I can see a problem with yours. I looked at my belt guard with the clutch depressed it is pointing straight up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.