Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 with a 10 hp tecumseh and working pto. I use it in the winter to push snow. I would also like to put some bigger tires on it. Will the rearend take the punishment? Since its impossible to find a snowblower for it has anyone adapted a different snowblower attachment to fit a 70?

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
I have for the Summer 20x10.00-8 Carlisle lugs on my 70. In the Winter I go back to 18x8.50-8s with the chains. Chains would never work with the 20s. I have also had 20x7.50-12s on the tractor but had to use different hubs to bolt them on to the tractor. I know of no other snowblower that will fit but blade from later lawn tractors can be easily adapted. A few pictures. Roger

·
Registered
177 Posts
Roger,
The 5 lug hubs that you adapted on your 70. By any chance, are they the hubs that would have been used on the three speed trannys? I have a set of 5 lug hubs, that came on a three speed tranny, and were meant for the smooth axle shafts. You tightened them down to the axle the same way you would the three lug hubs.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Yes those hubs would work if they were on one inch axles. Mine are from a different 4 speed tractor though. The rims are 7 inch wide JD (110/112) for 23x8.50-12 tires but that size tire would never fit under the fender. The tires I have are 20 inches tall and just barely fit the fenders. Those tires were on the front of a Honda tractor. The rear end in a 70 is basically the same as was used in 1963/4 110s with smaller axles and was not made for ground engaging work (plow/tiller etc). Roger

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Some wheel horse tractors had 3 bolt hubs similar to the 63 110 ones. I have a pair I plan to use some day on my 70.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.