Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent today setting up the rear hubs,tires and fenders on this model 70. It also has a 12 horse engine. Trying to get everything done before I repaint it. The tires raised the back up 2 1/2"
Does anyone think I should raise the front by adding taller spindles or leave it the way it is???

·
Premium Member
9,574 Posts
Joe,

If you are not going to mow with this tractor, it is your choice as to whether you 'level' the tractor's frame front to back or not...

Those back tires definitely look BIG on that little guy.

Chuck

·
Banned
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I did this was for one, to raise the hitch height. Also to give it a bit better bite over the factory size lug tires and also because I thought it would look tough with these big tires. Total cost thus far is 30.00 since I already had the rims and tires. The hubs I used were a direct bolt on.I agree,
I think I will leave it as it is set up now.
Joe

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
What are the factory rear tires 16x6.5 or 18x8.5?

You could raise the front or put 4x8" rims/tires on it, or I guess could have considered 8.5" wide tires vs 10.5", but it does look pretty mean as it sits.

What was involved in putting a different engine in it?

·
Banned
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike ,The rear tires that were on it were 18x9.5 super lugs. I did a repower thread a couple years ago on the 70. I have been running it around today and I am not going to raise the front, seems more stable and not as prone to doing wheel stands as easy as it did before, I will be building a front weight bracket for it also. The motor is a Tecumseh and was pretty much a direct bolt in. New mounting holes and longer drive belt, and a 4" diameter x 1" pulley to make the drive complete and as I recall a 60" belt from Deere.I also may throw a set of wheel weights on the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.