Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a john deere 111 with a 11hp briggs engine. after running for a bit (10 to 15 minutes) the engine starts to run like it is not getting enough fuel. if i let it sit and idle it runs fine (even with blades on) as soon as i hit grass the mower bogs down, clutch it and it revs back and is fine, tall grass is not the problem. if i run at about half throttle it will run through the grass but still spits and sputters. i have also noticed it likes to stutter when i go over bumps. i have cleaned carburetor, changed oil, changed fuel filter, checked wiring, been over the mower quite a bit. any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Is it a points engine or a Magnetron engine. It it has points I would replace them and the condenser that comes with the points or you could put a Magnetron coil on it. You should always mow with the engine at WOT or full governed speed. Roger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is your coil rusted? If it is clean the coil and the magnet on the flywheel. If that is not it consider this. On my 111, my bearings in my deck were getting bad and took more power to spin the blades so after I mowed it would run wierd because it ran better with a load. After I replaced the bearings it was fine after I would mow. Does your deck need bearings?

·
Registered
506 Posts
i need help i cant find a cover for my electric clutch john deere 112 1972 i need some help please

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
The engine on 72-74 110-112 is mounted on a cradle type mount and takes this type of pto cover. This is the correct pto cover that attaches to 3 brackets. There are 2 pins on top and 1 on the bottom

The pto cover for the 68-71 has an extra 2" wide piece of metal on the top and Will Not fit the 72-74.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yes thats one my tractor didnt come with one and an other question can electric lift have rear lift

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yes it can have a rear lift even if it is a manual lift, hydraulic lift or the electric lift. The 72-74 110/112 and the 210,212,214,216 take the same rear lift mechanism.
Last night I saw about 8 pto covers on ebay under "John Deere 110 pto cover". If you bid on one make sure it DOESN"T have the wide top flange.
Tomorrow I will post a picture of the front and the rear lift rods needed to lift a rear plow or tiller and a front 43" blade.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Is this the cover your looking for Cody?

Your more then welcome to it.It does have some pitting on the outside and a lot on the inside.I sand blasted it,and threw some green paint on it.I'll send you it for the shipping alone,if there are duties,you'd have to cover them.I would mail it through Canada Post

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ok can you figure out cost to get it to morrisville New York 13408

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I'll look into it and let you know,do you have a Paypal account? If your looking for trust,ask k b how good my word is.

Grant

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts

Anymore of that k b ,I'll track you down!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I have one of those too Edward,not ready to part with it yet though. The cover only has paint on it to keep it from rusting,it is not "painted"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.