Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 48C mower deck (and powerflow bagger) from a GX345 fit on a 1997 325? It looks like it should. The mower deck is a couple hundred miles from home. I don't want to buy it to find out it doesn't fit and I don't want to drive 400 miles round trip to find out it doesn't fit either.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
John call your local dealer sales office and ask. I think it should but there may be some parts that need to be changed or bought to make it work. The dealer should know the correct answer or have a book that tells them for sure. Roger

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
John,
I would think it would, but I'm not 100% sure. If you can get the model number of the deck, get it. Then using This How-to Guide, go to JD Parts and look up Mower, Rotary, Mid-Mount using the "Alphabetical" drop down menu. Then using the Arrows on the right side of the page to move through the pages until you find the "48C" decks and then the "325" and "GX345" tractors and see what model of deck is called out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
John, they interchange. We do this for a living. Same early 48 and 54's and 48c and 54c decks fit all models from 325 to GX 300's. Early 48 and 54's take different power flows than 48C and 54C decks though. Yes John Deere dealers should know this stuff but 90% don't. Also there are two generations of baggers for all of these. Be aware of this if you're mixing and matching early power flows with late baggers or vice versa. I'd be glad to help out if you get confused.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i picked up this 73 112 back in December this id what it looked like when i got it i also got a 31 tiller with 2 extensions

·
Registered
506 Posts
i have painted the fender deck and have got the front lift rod going to see if it runs here soon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good luck Cody, hope it fires right up for you. If the engine has been setting for a while you may want to pour some Marvel Mystery Oil down the spark plug hole and let it soak for a week or so. This will help free up stuck rings, stuck valves, etc. and lube everything up good. Also the carb may need some clean up before start up. These are a few things I do on my own machines when I first get them.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I would put a new spark plug in and change, or clean and re-set the points, before I tried to start the tractor. Also dump the old engine oil and put in new, and clean up the battery cables and make sure you have a good ground.

·
Registered
506 Posts
done the oil change and new spark plug it does turn over so will find out soon gona post some more pics soon

·
Registered
506 Posts

the bottom side of fender deck after paint

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cody:

Does that 112 have an Electric Lift? Can't really tell from your picture.

·
Registered
506 Posts
don
yes it does i got to put rear lift on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.