Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It’s also missing the engine side panels, and is there a loose belt over the mower deck? And would the rear axle seals be going out/out? (It looks to havelock coating the rim)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have side panels! It has flat at moment and is missing the the primary deck belt. If don't like it don't buy it. It doesn't have to sell just trying to get parts for 318

·
Registered
412 Posts
I’m with Deere317, you’re the one that said nothing missing but grill, but there was no mention of side covers in the original post. I guess it mows good after you air up the tire, top off the leaking transmission with gear oil, and install a new drive belt to deck because bushing in idler is worn out causing it to wear faster and come off. Remember where you at, most of us know these machines quite well. Just saying it looks like a lot of money for the poor condition it’s in. But you may find a sucker in the crowd, but not likely here.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I say it had new tires? Did I say I didn't have side shields? It is missing the grill. I have the belt just hadn't put it on yet. Like I said if don't like it don't buy it's just fine where it's sitting.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You made no mention of side shields and the photo quite obviously doesn’t show them. And not sure how it mows when the drive belt is off... (And if the post by 5540 is correct in the idler being bad that isn’t good mowing, but burning up expensive Deere belts while happening to mow grass) And the axle seals being out for what appears to have been a while doesn’t bode well for longevity.
And the seat is quite obviously a replacement (I know you never claimed it to be original or anything)
I’d recommend $200-$300 obo if you want it to be gone within a reasonable time period (and/or not have someone way overpay IMO), but your machine, your choice. Just looks like an overpriced basket case to my eyes (and probably most on here)

Reactions: TomManson

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted to sell not to be criticized about machine. We all know they aren't new. It doesn't have to sell. I'm not looking for quick sell and not gonna give it away. For 200 dollars I'll sit it in the yard and plant flowers in it. Now good day

·
Registered
412 Posts
You said mows good, runs good. Maybe with some work. Come on man. Flowers in the yard it is. What kind are you going to plant? Just curious

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
110, 111
124 Posts
I'm gonna side with the seller on the side panels bit,,, you can see one of 2 in the background of his photo

Screenshot 2021-05-04 08.19.36.png

·
Registered
110, 111
124 Posts
I am no stranger to the world of worn out looking, dirty, rusty machines. That's what almost all of mine are. If this machine wasn't so far away I might consider buying it myself. Probably not for the full $600 but IMO $450-$500 seems fair enough if this is a running driving machine. I also think this would make a good resto project for someone, as it looks to be a fairly solid machine.

I see great potential in his 210, yeah it isn't perfect, it just needs someone to give it a little love and it could be a great working unit, or, as I mentioned above, it would make a great restoration project. But seriously, why bash on him for trying to sell his machine? This site IS advertised as one of the best sources of info for John Deere GT's, and the For Sale section is here for a reason.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I am no stranger to the world of worn out looking, dirty, rusty machines. That's what almost all of mine are. If this machine wasn't so far away I might consider buying it myself. Probably not for the full $600 but IMO $450-$500 seems fair enough if this is a running driving machine. I also think this would make a good resto project for someone, as it looks to be a fairly solid machine.

I see great potential in his 210, yeah it isn't perfect, it just needs someone to give it a little love and it could be a great working unit, or, as I mentioned above, it would make a great restoration project. But seriously, why bash on him for trying to sell his machine? This site IS advertised as one of the best sources of info for John Deere GT's, and the For Sale section is here for a reason.
The “problem” is that nice 200 or 300’s cost that much, I went on Craigslist yesterday, nice 212 and deck $575 (would link but pretty sure it’s against rules)

·
Registered
110, 111
124 Posts
When the For Sale ad was first posted I thought it was overpriced also, but I did not say anything because it was no business of mine.
These are my thoughts exactly. I just don't understand why there's some people on this site who have to nitpick about people's listings, especially if they aren't even interested in purchasing it. Sure, it's overpriced, and sure, it needs some work, but it's his tractor, and he can sell it for whatever he wants.

Also, yes, you're right on the side panel, but just because they are currently off the machine doesn't mean he doesn't have them. And, price point differs greatly depending on location. A real nice 200 series in my area, will bring upwards of $800 sometimes.

Why don't we all just let this poor man alone, and let him sell his 210?

·
Administrator
6,161 Posts
Guys, I probably can nitpick almost every ad, especially the ones where guys take the time to put more words in their ads. He answered every question and every comment - let it go and see if it sells. The market will dictate whether or not it will sell, not us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts