Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring on a 240 I recently bought for a good price that needs some work. The deck is just about shot, it needs paint, and it has no brakes. So while I was waiting for paint to dry, I thought I would tare into the brakes. I took the cover off of the brake assembly and noticed I had plenty of pad left. The pedal goes down all the way and the linkage hits something to prevent the pedal from going down any further. So I took the linkage off and drilled a hole in it farther foreward on the linkage, so the pedal pulls farther. Now I have brakes! I have herd of this problem on the internet along with my issue. I hope this thread helps others with this problem. Plus you don't need to spend $100 on new pads that you dont need.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks guys.

Tom, The true L plow setup would be way to heavy for this little tractor. I'm getting the integral hitch painted up and installed this week. I'm looking for a 10" or 12" Brinly plow for it.

Paul

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Awesome job Paul. Hope I can see it in person some day.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Paul,
Awesome job!

Wish I had the 1/2 the skills some of you guys have to make these projects come to life.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.