Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently we gained a 4way front blade for our 318 and I also have a rear 5’ blade that i will be putting hydraulic angle on it also. So my question is has anyone added a joystick or another valve box to have full separate control?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
First of all you did not tell us if the tractor is still going to be your mowing tractor. Will both blades be on the tractor at the same time? Is the rear blade Brinly sleeve hitch blade or 3ph?

Don't see need for another valve.
  • I would say you need a set of Auxiliary Hydraulic rear couplers and lock out valve on the rockshaft cylinder.
  • IIRC 318 H2 valve does not have the power beyond port machined like the 317 valve. There may be another port on the valve to provide flow to 2nd valve.
  • H3 setup would probably handle it using tractor hydraulic system.
  • I have a 332 w/CTC loader that uses tractor hydraulic system and no lock outs. Disappointing loader response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all you did not tell us if the tractor is still going to be your mowing tractor. Will both blades be on the tractor at the same time? Is the rear blade Brinly sleeve hitch blade or 3ph?

Don't see need for another valve.
  • I would say you need a set of Auxiliary Hydraulic rear couplers and lock out valve on the rockshaft cylinder.
  • IIRC 318 H2 valve does not have the power beyond port machined like the 317 valve. There may be another port on the valve to provide flow to 2nd valve.
  • H3 setup would probably handle it using tractor hydraulic system.
  • I have a 332 w/CTC loader that uses tractor hydraulic system and no lock outs. Disappointing loader response.
Yes it will still be a mowing tractor and both blades will be on during snowy months and for dirt moving. Its also a 3pt blade

·
Registered
632 Posts
I use my 318 similar to what your doing, I dont have pwr angle on the rear blade though.
H3 hyd works very nice for this with aux hyd lockout valve. You want the valve that mounts in the console to control the rockshaft. You lock the rockshaft up when using the front, this speeds up the front angle. Then unlock to use the rear blade. Works nice on mine, no getting off seat, just turn the valve. Warning though, its tedious to install the valve in the console and connect.
As for the rear blade pwr angle, another valve or a diverter valve plumbed in. Not sure about that though, havent done it myself.

Although with h3 and the lockout valve, maybe this would work.
1 spool for frt up/down
2nd spool for frt angle with lockout valve installed on this circuit for rockshaft.
3rd spool for rear blade angle.
You'd need to redo some hyd lines probably, but its possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. I used a Summit hydraulic diverter that I bought from Amazon, 12vdc 13gpm. This gives me an additional hydraulic circuit to actuate a grapple. It's hard to see in the attached image but it's behind the moldboard. To activate, you toggle a switch that I have mounted near the dash, then use hydraulic lever just as I would to angle the plow. If interested I can get a close up picture. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Many ways you can modify hydraulic systems. Owner needs to determine what he wants to operate with tractor and then how much he wants to spend to modify it. Yes, a diverter valve is another way of powering another circuit. I have one I wanted to put on my 317 but it required hacking up a side cover that I did not want to do. Valve is still on my inventory shelf.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. I used a Summit hydraulic diverter that I bought from Amazon, 12vdc 13gpm. This gives me an additional hydraulic circuit to actuate a grapple. It's hard to see in the attached image but it's behind the moldboard. To activate, you toggle a switch that I have mounted near the dash, then use hydraulic lever just as I would to angle the plow. If interested I can get a close up picture. Hope this helps.
JD45, is that a home made grapple? It looks nice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed Gabby! Never want to cut into or hack up original equipment. I mounted my diverter externally on the attachment, and ran hydraulic hoses to it. In my opinion this is the only way I can see doing it. Hard plumbing under the tractor would be a nightmare.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks 2002002! The grapple is a prototype/ concept we've been thinking about here at Marric Products for a while and decided to just try it. I had my CNC laser cutter make the pieces for us, and we did the assembly and welding ourselves. Overall it worked great and exceeded our expectations. Next improvement to the grapple would be side wings that are cut-out to allow more material to fill the bucket.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts