Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping some of my fellow Canucks can chime in.
Looking for AG tires for front and rear of my 140 bit have no idea where to look up here.
I've found some stuff out of the US but by the time shipping and exchange are done they become VERY expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try Huron Tirecraft in Clinton, ON. They stock speciality garden tractor tires, including Firestone tri-ribs and Vredestein V61.

Not sure what your options are for ag fronts. I believe Carlisle makes Super Lugs in 16x6.50-8. Personally, I swear by V61s in the front. Great for both mow and snow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've just gone my local tire shop where I would get tires for the big girls, they brought in the 4" that are on the front of the trike. So far the bar tires I've bought in the states, tractor supply mostly, Miller once while I was the Buckley Mi. Steam show. When pricing out the tires for the 2cyl's I thought dealing with Goodyear or Kal tire would help seeing we deal with them at work all the time, not true! I found a local place, " Total tire " was the best price & I send anyone that ask about tractor tires that way. Shop around, it may surprise you as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Unless you live near the border and have access to a shipping drop i have to agree with Martin regarding Huron Tire. Personally i prefer tri-rib's up front when plowing for ease of steering with a manual steering

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I agree Martin. I run 18x8.50x8 V61's on the front of one of my 400's that I (occasionally!) mow with. I have regular turfs on the 400 I mostly use. I have to slow down when I turn with the turfs or it slides. The V61's turn nicely at mowing speed though. No apparent damage to the grass either. Never tried them in snow but anything would be better than turfs.
v61s-1.jpg

Personally, I swear by V61s in the front. Great for both mow and snow.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
If you get ag tires for the front you might want to reverse the tread pattern. We used to do that on road graders when I worked for the county. Turned much better when snow plowing.

Looking for AG tires for front and rear of my 140 bit have no idea where to look up here.
I've found some stuff out of the US but by the time shipping and exchange are done they become VERY expensive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get ag tires for the front you might want to reverse the tread pattern. We used to do that on road graders when I worked for the county. Turned much better when snow plowing.

I'm thinking Tri ribs for the front.
I won't ever be cutting grass with it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to a couple shops today to get prices on AG tires for the rear of my 140.
Prices started at $285 and went as high as $450 each (CAD)
It's getting quad tires on the back $120 each.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch. I bought filled ag tires for the 420 at $500 for the pair from Fountain Tire (probably a BC only thing). But, that was around four years ago and prices have gone up. Last year nobody in town could get V61s or equivalent for me so I ended up buying from Miller Tire on eBay - eBay's shipping program got them over the border without a bunch of outrageous fees being tacked on.

$240 for the pair isn't a bad price at all.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not familiar with your area, but I am across the border from Kingston in Watertown NY.

If it would save you money, you could order from a US source and pick up from my place, I'm only 7 or 8 miles off rt 81.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just Found Sudbury on a map, not close to me at all, so I guess that's of no help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not familiar with your area, but I am across the border from Kingston in Watertown NY.

If it would save you money, you could order from a US source and pick up from my place, I'm only 7 or 8 miles off rt 81.

Just Found Sudbury on a map, not close to me at all, so I guess that's of no help.

By the time I pay the exchange (30%) it's no cheaper in most cases.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts