Weekend Freedom Machines banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Old Deere and cub decks have them. They kinda act like an anti scalp wheel, and keep the chute corner getting stabbed into the lawn.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Looks really flimsy compared to what Deere and Cub used on their deck before they figured out to just put gauge wheels up there.

Reactions: TiredDeere210

·
Registered
489 Posts
This is the one on my 210.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Road surface

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I figured out the spindle bearing is a standard 6203.
But I couldn’t remove the flange which is holding the blade.
Now I have ordered two new spindles.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Blade flange is probably part of spindle. Bearings should pull off from pulley/nut end of spindle.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
There is no nut on the spindle. Maybe the flange is pressed on the pulley
There is only one bolt for the blade in the shaft.
In the meantime I ordered two new spindle sets and disassembled an old one. I figured out that there is no way to replace the bearings without damaging it. The good thing is that I could take the pulley for the swap to make the tractor faster.

New spindles

Old spindle

Broken bearing

The first trial was to swap the tranny pulley.

But it would have reduced the travel of the belt tensioner as well and I mounted on the engine shaft.

My next job is to find a proper V-belt. The dimension of the old one don fit due to the bigger pulley.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
luckily I ordered the right v-belts and we did the first test drive last Saturday.
Since the belt is new, there’s absolutely no slip when releasing the clutch pedal and you nee to be carful. The front end is lifting easily. I am a little concerned about my nephew. The 3rd gear is pretty fast with full throttle.

Unfortunately there was pouring rain on the way back home and I couldn’t check the top speed.
Maybe I should search for a tractor with a cab. :LOL:

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
404 Posts
luckily I ordered the right v-belts and we did the first test drive last Saturday.
Since the belt is new, there’s absolutely no slip when releasing the clutch pedal and you nee to be carful. The front end is lifting easily. I am a little concerned about my nephew. The 3rd gear is pretty fast with full throttle.

Unfortunately there was pouring rain on the way back home and I couldn’t check the top speed.
Maybe I should search for a tractor with a cab. :LOL:
Nice job getting her going! I know what you mean with it being jumpy😂

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
I have been following this thread. Pretty interesting stuff Stefan (y) .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Thanks for following the thread and for helping me on some issues I had. This forum and it’s members are really cool. In Germany a lawnmower is a workhorse and nothing to collect or even to love. I admire you guys for your passion on this old machines. It shows respect to the engineers that invented the tractors and also to the worker who assembled it back in the days. Unfortunately this spirit got lost over the years. People buy cheap Chinese plastic crap and trash it two years later.

Back to this (almost finished) project.
There‘s not much progress on the deck resto. It’s still in the condition like in this picture.
And maybe the 1st gear speed is too fast now for mowing.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Thanks for following the thread and for helping me on some issues I had. This forum and it’s members are really cool. In Germany a lawnmower is a workhorse and nothing to collect or even to love. I admire you guys for your passion on this old machines. It shows respect to the engineers that invented the tractors and also to the worker who assembled it back in the days. Unfortunately this spirit got lost over the years. People buy cheap Chinese plastic crap and trash it two years later.

Back to this (almost finished) project.
There‘s not much progress on the deck resto. It’s still in the condition like in this picture.
And maybe the 1st gear speed is too fast now for mowing.
It’s the same over here, most run them till they die and then get a new one. (And usually both are cheap models that may or may not be maintained correctly)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Today I finished the assembly of the chassis and checked the top speed which is a little bit too slow. It is 4 Kilometres (2,5 miles) per hour - full throttle and in 3rd gear. The Uniropa is running 8 km/h (5 mph). So I will calculate the perfect ratio and replace the pulley with a smaller one to get up to 8 - 10 km/h (5 - 6 mph).
Yesterday we were able to check the maximum speed with the new pulley ratio.
I drove the Agria and my nephew sat in the garden cart and read the GPS speedometer.

Maximum speed is now 12 kilometers per hour which is 7.5 mph. :)

121 - 140 of 155 Posts