Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Tim, on any carb, your going to start at about 1 1/2 turns . From there you would turn them in or out to obtain the highest rpm on the motor.
Do the idle screw at idle, and the high speed at 7/8 full throttle. If you get no change the carb is dirty.
You should see some change turning it a half turn at a time.
Turning in should make it stall out, and then turn out to get your highest rpm's.
Roy

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Tim R,

The CTM2 shows the initial setting at 1.25 turns, as shown below from section 50-10, but the generic procedure that Roy described would certainly get you in the ball park...

Chuck

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After adjusting the screw there was no difference in the idle so I guess that means that the carb is dirty. I think what happened was I put new points and condenser in and decide to start it with no air cleaner on. I put everything together and it ran alright when I first started mowing but half way thru the engine started surging. It did this when I first got it a year ago. I cleaned the carb and put new plugs in and it ran great. So I guess I have to do it again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.