Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere TRS 27 snowblower. Would like to retrofit heated hand grips to my JD TRS 27 snowblower.
My model is MOTR27X010337. I had bought this blower new.
Backstory.............. This past week I had replaced the disk drive on a friend's John Deere 1128DDE snowblower. Similar machine to my snowblower. His model has the heated hand grips.
I would like to duplicate the hand warmer accessory to my model. I believe both snowblowers were made by Airens. Not certain of that.
There is a Airens hand warming kit sold on the big A marketplace. Approx.$75.00.

Can someone verify that this will work on my machine?

Where does it draw current from?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have no idea, but I would be asking your question here,

Im not even a member there but have search for info about my John Deere 1032 blower there and able to find what I needed.

best of luck and post back what you find out.

would love to put heated grips on my 1032 but I dont know if that is even possible I havent got that far with it and I may never even get that far.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Post your issue on the Snowblower Forum. My concern is the alternator capacity. I have an Ariens but cannot install hand warmers because of the too small alternator.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info on the snowblower forum.
I will run amp meter on the wires to my headlight while running engine at full throttle.
Bob

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 826 snowblower , I put a 10 hp tech. on the unit. also added a different flywheel, more magnets and a dual alternator. I put a 12 volt starter on. i also added a 12 volt battery; One side of the alt coil charges the battery and the other runs my headlight and hand warmers, The hand warmer kit is Airens kit'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts