Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Robb,

Thanks for the information on Al and we will keep him in our thoughts. Having survived a stage 3 cancer myself, I know how important the support of family, friends and community can be. Hope he gets the best care...

Chuck

·
Registered
185 Posts
From Al Zimmermans caringbridge site tonight:

Journal entry by Kathy Zimmerman — 1 hour ago
Alan passed into heaven this evening, surrounded by our children and myself. We had a good day with extended family being able to say goodbye. He went very peacefully. His last day filled with comfort and rest. He will be greatly missed.
Thank you all for your prayers and loving support!

·
Registered
261 Posts
My heart is heavy tonight.

Alan lived 30 miles west of me. Over the past 20 years, he became a close friend. His deep love for his wife, Kathy, and their children was immediately apparent upon getting to know him.

He was a true, kind gentleman. He would engage with my children just like he was their Grandpa whenever we would visit their farm. My kids still remember those trips from when they were young.

He was a tremendous ambassador for this hobby. His accessories sitting in my shop, and used every time I get on one of my tractors, have gained new importance to me.

Buddy, you will be deeply missed. Godspeed, my friend.

Mike Schiefelbein

·
Administrator
6,067 Posts
I'm sad to hear this. I met Alan back in 2005, I believe, when he brought a set of weights for my 111 down from Minnesota. He was an asset to the hobby, but also to WFM. He will be greatly missed.

Thanks, Robb, for posting this.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Rest in peace, Al. May the good Lord welcome you into his kingdom & comfort your family and friends.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very sad news, we lost a great friend on our Hobby and fellow Minnesotan, My best wishes to his family.

Rest in Peace

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very sad to hear. Thanks for letting us know. Looking at the Caring bridge site, it appears they just found out about this in late October... went from diagnosis to treatment options, to hospice fairly quickly. :(
His place is about 40 min North of me and I have been there 5 or 6 times... always a good guy to chat with.. and fun to hear and see what he was working on. He made me a real nice heavy duty set pallet fork attachment for a model 12 Johnson loader about 5 years ago that I still have. Great craftsman, and a better man.

Godspeed Al and condolences to the family.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Very sad story. My thoughts and prayers go out to Al's family. We lost a good one!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very sad to hear. I had a couple of nice chats with him on the phone a couple of years ago, great guy to do business with. I wish his family well, and will be thinking of them.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I haven't been on this site for a long while, I am saddened to read about AL Z's passing. At one time I had a riff with him about a weld job but we worked it out and became good FB friends for a long time. I don't know what happened to his profile in my Friend list but I lost track of him somewhere. Cancer Sucks, I am sorry. RIP AL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you Jeff for your kind words. If there are any tractors, or implements that Al had that you are interested in, please contact me, Kathyzimm54.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ALZwelding.com

There are no more of Al’s attachments for sale, BUT, he had a huge collection of tractors, implements, 80 carts, mower decks, etc. if any of you know of something that you might be interested in, please contact me. Kathyzimm54 on the forum. I miss him terribly, but need to liquidate some of his inventory!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Kathy,
Again, our condolences to you and your family from me and everyone here who knew and dealt with Al. He will be missed.

I did send you a PM earlier this evening. I may be able to help you put an inventory list together and help with posting things here and on other sites - if that would be helpful. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts