Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 54 inch blade for my 445. I will pick it up Monday or Tuesday on next week. Question, anyone have a picture or a diagram on how the hoses attach? I could do trial and error, but since I have a couple of days until I can pick it up, it would be nice to have that info in hand.

Maybe someone can scan the operator's manual for the blade and send it to me - I can make a pdf version then. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Terry if its like my friends 425 you need to have a (? I am blanking on the name) under the left front of the running board to use it. Do you have that. All 4 hoses plug into that. What it does is take the hydraulics off the deck lift cylinder. Roger

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger,
All 4x5 series tractors have 4 hydraulic couplers underneath the left fender. I need to know which port (coupler) that each hose from the blade hook to. I may have time this afternoon to do some research since it's trying to rain here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Terry,

I believe Roger drew a blank on the lockout valve. It is almost necessary to lockout the deck cylinder to operate the angle of the blade quickly.

Does your 445 have the quick couplers installed on the selective control valve, under the left foot well? Are the colored dust plugs present on the quick couplers? If so, is the hydraulic port identification sticker present on the front left lip of the foot well? If the sticker is present and the 54" blade has the proper colored caps installed, the hook-up is a lot easier.

I just checked my tractor and quick hitch. The connections are made as follows:

The top left port(when looking at the front of the selective control valve),labeled "1" and colored yellow, is connected to the rear of the angle cylinder.

The top right port, labeled "2" and colored silver, is connected to the front of the angle cylinder.

The bottom left port, labeled "3" and colored black, is connected to the top of the lift cylinder.

The bottom right port, labeled "4" and colored green, is connected to the bottom of the lift cylinder.

The top lever will control the angle. The bottom lever will control the up/down motion. The bottom lever also has a float detent, when pushed fully forward.

EDIT: I posted this after your reply to Roger. The 425 did not come standard with the hydraulic couplers. Also, my 2000 455 did not have the couplers when I purchased it from the original owner. He said the dealer told him it would be an extra, IDK.

I hope this helps.
Bill

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
I agree with Bill when my friends bought the blade for their 425 they had to add the lock out valve to make it work. It was extra cost as was the quick hitch on the front. Their 425 had only been used for mowing before they bought it. Roger

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, Roger,
Thanks for the response. My 445 does have the hydraulic couplers, but the dust caps are missing as is the dust caps on the blade. I'm not sure about the label or the lock-out valve. I actually read about the lock-out valve, but forgot about it. I don't know if my 445 has one or not.

Bill,
If I read your post right, "it's almost necessary to lockout the deck cylinder to operate the angle of the blade quickly"...Does that mean the angle can still be operated but may respond very slowly, or does that mean it can't be operated at all without the lock-out valve?

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Terry without the lock out valve it does respond slowly and the angle will change as you use it as the blade is not hydraulically locked in place. My friends tried to use the 425 without the lockout and it just didn't work. Roger

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roger,
Thanks for the response. I checked JD Parts and the lock-out valve is $110 and change. This is getting expensive. I may call and see if the tractor this came off of has the lock-out valve and if they will throw it in with the blade and hitch. Per the information I'm reading, the valve is part of the front hitch assembly and that could be my argument.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Terry,
I sent you an email about where I got my lockout valve on line. I would have posted it here but I did not know if that was allowed.
Jerry

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry,
Yes, it's allowed. We just frown on links to active ebay auctions and current Craig's list ads. But it's okay to post links to suppliers and vendors if they have a site that's not linked to ebay. On things like this, we might make an exception.

·
Registered
279 Posts
In the back of the round fender operator manual there is a page long list of JD and allied attachments. In the back of the square fender manual no such luck. Has anyone ever seen an actual list for the 68 and later tractors. I imagine there was an expansion to the original list as time went on.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Colton the things you listed were probably not technically Allied Attachments. Allied Attachments means the JD approved them would have lent you money to buy them Yes there are a lot of other brands and companies that made attachments to fit JDs. Roger

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Colton, Roger,
I'm sure there are a lot of equipment that could be listed in the Model Info section, but what we do have was probably what our membership had in their possession to scan to add to that section. I think you will find the Model Info section for the RF isn't complete either due to the lack of membership input.

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.