Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preping to sell my 445's, I have 2, because one broke (belive cam issue) during snow season 2 years ago, so I purchased another to get by. I wanted to fix no. 1, but havent gotten to it, yet, :(. So I tranferred the essentials to no. 2, the curtis cab, and powerflow 54.

So No.2 currently has new turf tires this year (the larger size) , and a battery 2 weeks ago, Curtis Cab, wheel weights, chains, 47 blower, 54in w/powerflow with new bags. with under 700hrs. one tail light need some tlc, and needs a bath. a solid unit. it also has a small weight box I never use. Overall I'd say this is still a very good machine, Powerflow needs a tuneup, but still functions very well.

No1, needs a fixn, I purchased a cam kit, but havent gotten to it... my bad. It has a 54 deck (front roller issue), 47 blower (needs attention) wheel weights, chains, needs battery and seat. all panels are in good shape min rust. ~1000hrs

These were kept in a heated garage most of the time.

My location is central Ma,
I wish to not overprice, or underprice either, and may hang onto No1, still thinking about it, but my free time is limited :(
So, any constuctive advice is welcome... Thanks
dan

· Registered
3,351 Posts
No clue on price, but not running (and having an internal mechanical problem to boot) will tank what you can get for it, a. Because it doesn’t run/needs work and b. A buyer has no way of knowing what else is or is not broken.

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

· Administrator
6,426 Posts
I sold a 425 a couple of years ago for $800. It had caught fire and burnt a lot of wiring and melted the hood and side panels some, plus plastic parts on the engine. I replaced all of the wiring and the plastic parts on the engine, and got it started. It needed one more connector to make it 100% mechanically and electrically sound. But I sold it before I got it finished. That was probably 2019, I think.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the respones, I realize a non running unit has little value as is, I have owend that 445 for ~16 years, was extremely reliable and ran well. I will likely repair that one.
Because it was so reliable is the reason I didnt hesitate to buy the second one and swap the cab over for winter use.

I see a local restored unit listed on CL for 5500 @700 hours, a rougher high hour @3200.
Are those examples realistic ? or will they stay listed for a long time?
my needs have changed an have aquired a 1026 with a loader/snow & mow, is the primary reason for selling,

thanks, _d

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all again, I listed my 700hr tractor, 54in with powerflow, cab, and 47 blower @6500 obro locally on CL.
Is this a fair price? too much? I do wish to sell this as I need the room.
sorry to bother you all...thks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts