Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50 in deck with my 430 found a 60 in without a gear box will my 50 in box work I know its a 1 to 1 what's a 60 in was told that it would be 1 to 1 1/2. But I see that the gearbox for the 425,445,455 decks 48 in ,54 in, and 60 in are the same is this true

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Scott - The answer to your second question with the 425,445,455 decks is yes ; they are all the same gearbox in 48",54",and 60" , but you are talking apples and oranges. These decks were engineered to use the same gearbox from the get-go. Not sure if Deere used that same forward thinking when designing the older decks ; but probably not . Dave

·
Registered
182 Posts
On the 425, 445, and 455, Deere used the same gearbox with different size pulleys to drive the blade spindles. The smaller decks use a larger pulley to get the necessary blade tip speed with the shorter blades. Don't know if this is how they did the 430's or not though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well my 112 rebuild is done and picture will be posted here as soon as I have the time and the smarts. But now I have to get the mower deck done. I have a model 47 that has been at the welder for 3 months. Tuesday I am bringing the model 39 to the powder coat guy for blasting and priming. (He doesn't have JD yellow). My question: The hold called "AM31372 Base" on my parts diagram is not square to the deck. It's welded so that the drive pulley would lean slightly back. It's not bent, It's welded that way. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.