Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done many . .this one will not cooperate. You can see in the pic what I resorted to . .still no go. I'm thinking drill two holes and use a harmonic balancer puller . .maybe still with heat. This is a hard to come by wheel, or I'd buy another and cut this off. It's from a 190C, only other tractor that used it was a G110.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you have access to a rosebud for your torch? It puts out much more heat faster than regular torch head. Regular torch head will not heat wheel fast enough, axle will grow with wheel.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I removed one of those stubborn --- buy buying a bearing splitter kit from HF. I mounted the bearing clamp part behind the wheel, bored 2 holes thru the wheel to match the holes in the clamp part, bought 2 gr8 bolts the right length and that wheel off. I also had to keep the puller from tipping from pulling on just 2 bolts. Those HF bearing pullers work on stubborn steering wheels also.

·
Registered
1989 318
966 Posts
Is this the bearing separator you referred to?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I just bought one of those. Don't know how I did without for this many years. Very handy tool.

·
Registered
1989 318
966 Posts
I am a firm believer in that you cannot have too many tools, unless of course you can't find the one you need;)

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've done many . .this one will not cooperate. You can see in the pic what I resorted to . .still no go. I'm thinking drill two holes and use a harmonic balancer puller . .maybe still with heat. This is a hard to come by wheel, or I'd buy another and cut this off. It's from a 190C, only other tractor that used it was a G110.
Just a thought does that have a snap ring on it?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Is this the bearing separator you referred to?

View attachment 268141
Bought one of those awhile back. Most recently used it to pull steering wheel and on variator for the 112. Works really well but cumbersome to get set up. Need an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put pressure on the wheel with a puller and then use an air hammer on the hub area around the hub. I use this method to remove stubborn everythings. You can buy the hammers cheap on marketplace or ebay if you look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts