Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today my body was feeling pretty good and I received some early holiday money so I decided to blow that towards the b. After buying some junk india gauges off ebay that didn't work and fighting with the seller over a month to get my money back I ordered some legit gauges from a legit dealer. Installing the temp gauge it was about an inch short from where it was supposed to be located. I figured I could add an adapter off the block but seemed like a tight fit. I decided to move it where my amp meter was and it reached, but then my wires from the cut out to the amp meter were an inch short and also from the starter to the meter. I was just going to splice in an extra inch or 2 but the wires seemed old and figured do it right the 1st time and if I ever sell the b then everything looks nice( I don't want to be THAT guy when a new owner opens up something and says w.t.h). I bought new wire and heat shrink connectors. The cut out to the amp meter was easy, but then had to open up the starter box, follow the wire which lead to removing the flywheel cover, following the wire which lead to removing the case cover. I replaced the wires on the gen too, and know it's not original but I covered up the wires for extra protection too. Every looks nice, new and organized. My pet peeve is messy wiring and was complimented a lot on my stereo and sub woofer wiring in high school lol. My matching oil pressure gauge should come tomorrow and hopefully get the b out of the shop since labor day and put it away for winter.

Green Speedometer Motor vehicle Sleeve Gauge

I tested the gauge in boiling water and a thermometer. It was at run at 170 degrees. What worries me though is after raking hay and plowing for an hour and a half the india gauge never moved past 140, trying that in boiling water it went to 170....
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green Vehicle Tire

This just looks a lot cleaner.
Green Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas

Wood Plant Grass Road surface Automotive tire

Old wires that were painted, cracking and burnt rubbing on the manifold.
Green Motor vehicle Grass Gas Automotive tire

· Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You won't put the B away you'll be posting B out in the snow pics! You know you will want to.

Nice wiring work
Thanks. I can't beleive how cleaned up it looks . I have some Christmas lights around the " display planter and milk house". You know me too well. I thought " before it hibernates in the main shed better get everything out for a Christmas picture in the snow"( which might get some real soon). Once the b is put away and I have extra room in the shop the round fender 110 will get pictures with a new/old project when it's done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts