Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week has been pretty busy and exciting for me with the chance of maybe going back to work for just office stuff. I had physical therapy and I'm still feeling it 2 days later, I attended the world dairy expo.......not as enjoyable walking around sore, took the dog for a walk, stayed up late and got the b back together and tried out the digger and new to me jd drag over what I just plowed.

The other day I raked hay for about 45 minutes and the b was running good. When I was plowing it started to dog around a bit. Today playing around it fired up decently. I've noticed you use to be able to push the starter down, 3 spins and it'd fire up. Now it's 2 spins, then a pause then you have to press the starter again and fires right up. At low idle engauging the clutch it sounds like it wants to die.......but maybe normal? Maybe need to adjust the carb? I noticed when I rev up the throttle just a hint of darker smoke comes out of the exhaust. Seems like the more I work the tractor the more it's sort of fixing its self. Unfortunately I'll be taking the dash appart again and be getting different gauges, the amp meter dances from 0 to charge and the temp gauge stays at 140 with a 50/50 antifreeze mix. I haven't heard anything from my ebay guy in 4 days. If I don't Monday ebay will refund my money let me keep the gauges and dock him........which for him is probably is easier and cheaper than refunding my money, paying for shipping back, and dealing with me.

The tractor, digger and drag did a nice job going over the plowed ground. It was a little tacky but not bad.

My cub cadet neighbor and his brother want to play around with their stuff and get their plows adjusted for a plow day down in IL so I didn't work up up the whole area.

Wheel Tire Asphalt Automotive tire Agricultural machinery

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Plant

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice. Your photos are always calendar worthy.
Thanks. I entered 35 tractor pictures in a catalog and calendar contest for an antique tractor parts company.......nothing oddly. I guess I need to push harder next year.......or get a beat up 8n and take some sun set pictures.

The last 2 years I entered some nature shots for a seed and chemical company calendar contest. Both years had a person email me and say they are amazing and asked if one got chosen if I could send a larger size.......again nothing.

I did get a picture featured on the news during a severe thunderstorm. So that was cool.
Cloud Sky Plant Nature Natural landscape

Even though I didn't win any contests or prizes. I still enjoy taking pictures. If I see a cool shot at work I usually try to capture it and used on their website or Facebook page. My boss mentioned about having me being a media person for the company if I couldn't get back into my old position.......not sure my thoughts on that though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a good lookin' supervisor.
Thanks. She's supposed to be a red heeler/Australian cattle dog mix, but maxed out at 25 pounds. My wife and I volunteer at the local animal shelter and she was handed to a vet at 4 weeks old by a local dog hoarder and said " I don't want this one anymore " we were fostering her and long story short fell in love. My wife does agility contests with her and we want to get some cattle for her. We had blood dna done on here but there were so many different mixes that they couldn't determine and pin point other breeds. She's very hyper, energetic, and wants to chase anything that moves, but that's how they're wired. At the same point She's very smart, loves being in or on anything with wheels and a little teddy bear who is always 4 feet away from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts