Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kyle not sure the engine is still free a cleanup oil change fuel system cleaning points condenser. and i bet the ol girl will run. i did se that variator springs were broke and will need replacement along with belts.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Glen,
Nice find. You guys out in the midwest have all the luck.
Roger,
I just brought home a Jari sickle bar mower similar to yours from my parents estate. Haven't tried it yet.
John

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glen that is good to hear about the engine. Sometimes I am amazed at how just a little attention will bring these machines alive. I will say that I agree with Terry... I would start on the RF first over the 318.

I will be looking forward to the progress.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well got the 110 cleaned up and the mower removed and washed here are a few pics

actualy got all of the gts cleaned up the 2 140's had not been washed yet since i got the so all in all was a good day cleaning.took the carb off and its soaking in cleaner and the tank has laquer thinner in it i'll swish it arround for a couple days before i drain and finish cleaning it seems the laquer helps to dissolve the varnish of the dead gas ty all for reading my posts Glen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought i would update the status of the 110. Got the carb cleaned points checked and adjusted. We had fire so i turned on the gas a lil choke and boom it runs. A bit loud with no muffler but it runs well no smoke so now time to pull it down and restore it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Great find, and great project. You really found a gem. And to top it off, it runs! Good going!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.