Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The batteries from mother Deere are good ones as well.
Other then SBDS, Sudden Battery Death Syndrome. It's pretty much a weekly occurrence on GTT with factory Deere batteries giving up the ghost quite suddenly and without warning after a few years, park it without issue and come back later the same day and either absolutely nothing or enough voltage to make relays click and not much else and shorted out internally so can't be jumped.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I’ve had good luck with them myself. I’m sure there are different experiences for everyone. I had a ford excursion with the powerstroke diesel in it. Battery went bad on weekend, guess who’s open, Wally World. Put the Everstarts in it, best you could get. Three year free replacement. They wouldn’t make it 3 years. Replaced them twice while I had the truck. I nicknamed them neverstarts. Lol

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm going to get hate replies on this, however, just trying to help.
Apparently it's either a 10 or 12 hp single cylinder (Kohler probably) motor.
The battery should match the application. A large battery sounds great, but the charging system can't keep up.
Been there done that, I retired 9 years ago electronic technician.
Two examples of all the things we have would be 1974 Power King Economy 14 hp Kohler & 1979 Cub Cadet 1250, 12hp Kohler. Both with Everstart Wal-Mart $25 batteries.
Both sat all winter, Both cranked fine a few weeks ago...no charger either one, although a low amp trickle/maintainance charger isn't a bad idea.
I tried large high CCA batteries also & it's a slow downhill run.
Go with the correct battery for application.
Just trying to be helpful, from experience, now the argument starts...I won't reply.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts