Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Subbing.
Wish you luck on this project.

Reactions: Kevin C

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks deere317, I got the oil pan off and pushed the piston out. Found a piece of the sheet metal locking tab for the connecting rod in the oil pan but other than that everything inside the block looks great. If it all measures out ok it will be a honing and new rings. Will also be pulling the cam and crank for new seals and bearings. This motor looks ugly but I have good faith it will run again without too much effort. Till tomorrow gents, good night

Premium Member
Kevin,

Attached is a PDF copy of the parts catalog...sometimes it is easier to have one locally than to use the on-line version. As with any parts look-up, be sure to check for any updated numbers as they do change over the decades.

Chuck

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Got new tires delivered today from miller tire with tubes and chains. Couldn't bring myself to put new tires on the cruddy rims so in the blazer they went. Now I guess I'm committed to painting the fronts and if the wheels are repainted I might as well paint the tractor. Will post pictures tomorrow

Registered
I'm in the process of restoring my RF. I'm currently rebuilding the engine. I replaced the front tires and redid the wheels. Rear tires are on there way. I'm going to mount a #30 tiller on mine and use it on my garden.
Recommend you flip the front tires to point backwards, better traction.

Registered
Recommend you flip the front tires to point backwards, better traction.
I'm not overly concerned about the traction. It's only going to be a tilling tractor. I'll hang weight on the front to balance with the tiller on the rear. And the tires going backwards would kill me.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Found some parts on Craigslist today. A set of nos front wheel weights, then went to a second location to a guy that had more round fender parts then a dealer. There I picked up a hood, pto cover, shifter cover, narrow rear wheels/tires, a set of very strange slab weights? One was bolted to the back and the other can hook to the front draft plate, and an engine that looks like it will run. I'd like to share his CL ad but don't want to be in trouble. But if you search john deere in milwaukee you'll find it

21 - 30 of 30 Posts