Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up at a local auction and I couldn't pass it up at $100. This is for a John Deere L and came with the lift handle and also the belt tensioner for mower. I already have 2 other plows.

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wood Brick Wood stain Hardwood Plank
Wood Automotive tire Road surface Grass Plant

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Implements for Ls and LAs are probably getting hard to find. Now you just need an L to mount this to. I ran across an LA that had cultivators on it, but I passed on it to buy my L. To be honest, anything for an L or a LA (and for that matter a LI) are difficult to find, from parts to implements. Finding a plow for one is pretty sweet.
We have 2 John Deere L's, one Styled and one Unstyled. The 1945 Styled was a runner and is torn down right now for restoration. The 1938 unstyled is a basket case but I have pretty much everything I need to put it together. I got 2 more plow's and a sickle mower with the Unstyled L.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a Video of the 1945 Styled L running.

Reactions: T-Mo and jake_vc

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My L needs rims and tires in the rear, it has truck rims on it now and the tires are shot. Finding the correct rims has proven to be difficult.
Our rear rims were rusted out from calcium. I have one replaced and need to do the other whenever I get back to that project. I know a guy that has an LI who needed wheels and it took him a year before he found a set. They were pricey as I recall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miller Tire had an used rim for an L, just one, and used, and it was almost $1000 for that rim.
I just looked at miller tire and saw that used wheel. Its for an Unstyled L. We bought both blank rims from them for our styled L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts