Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was doing some research today and discovered my plow is actually a little wonder. The model before the little genius. The little genius had indications, and a rear wheel that raised up the plow. There were 4 models offered #2 and #4 being cast iron. These plows were made between 1924 to 1955.

Just today I was able to get a coulter to swivel. Only took 3 days of it soaking in diesel, spraying oil on it, pipe wrenching it with a cheater pipe, and whacking it with a sledge.
Wood Gas Ingredient Drink Metal

I'm hoping this winter to get it looking like this one.

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle

Wheel Plant Tire Grass Lawn

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I believe the Little Wonder was a lighter plow than the Little Genius. It was built between 1940 and 1955. There was a No. 3 and No. 4 Little Wonder plows. The Little Genius dates back to 1927. There was a No. 8 and a No. 10 Little Genius plows.
Thanks for info. Yes seems like the little wonder was the little brother of the little genius. This is what I found on line.
Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Number

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Number

Tire Wheel Product Motor vehicle Organism

·
Administrator
6,393 Posts
I have a couple of IH plow catalogs, and one of them is old enough to include both the Little Wonder and Little Genius and the dates they were in production. IH had a lot of farm implements, as you can imagine. I also have catalogs from several different years of all of IHs farm products including their tractors. Their files are way too large for here, but they are quite interesting. I wish I can find some literature like what I have for IH and Farmall for John Deere and Ford. I do have quite a collection of Ford and Ferguson stuff, but not near enough to satisfy my interest.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a couple of IH plow catalogs, and one of them is old enough to include both the Little Wonder and Little Genius and the dates they were in production. IH had a lot of farm implements, as you can imagine. I also have catalogs from several different years of all of IHs farm products including their tractors. Their files are way too large for here, but they are quite interesting. I wish I can find some literature like what I have for IH and Farmall for John Deere and Ford. I do have quite a collection of Ford and Ferguson stuff, but not near enough to satisfy my interest.
If you can find them T-Mo, Deere had "pocket ledgers" that dealerships would give farmers. I have four from the early to late 40's (they cover two years each). In them they had pictures and write ups on the equipment Deere sold at the time. They also contained neat facts and formulas, like calculating how many gallons a cistern will hold, how much hay a mow would hold, and other things.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've been on the hunt for literature and manuals for my equipment. For parts/service, but also think it's just neat for the collection. I'm finding some stuff for my cc field cultivator, but not finding much on the plow. My neighbor's grandparents owned a ih dealership and had all the manuals under the sun on a computer and unfortunately crashed before they ever backed it up. When I bought my corn planter the seller had the original book yet.
Book Publication Font Material property Music

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Wood

Book Publication Font Material property Paper

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Art Font

21 - 26 of 26 Posts